Thursday 23 May 2013

Top five push present ideas

Push presents are traditionally a US practice and are basically what they say on the tin - a gift from the hubby to the mum after she's had a baby.

However, they are now becoming increasingly popular in the UK with new mums asking their other halves to recognise their efforts of labour.

And with Prince William hinting Kate Middleton would be getting a few push presents of her own after the birth of their little Prince or Princess, this trend looks to grow more and more for us Brits.

A push present is often a piece of jewellery - many men opt for an eternity ring - but it can basically be anything you fancy. As long as it screams luxury and is purely for you.

For example, I'm not really into jewellery so I managed to wangle a pair of Louboutins out of my other half after I had my little one - shhh don't tell him I can't walk in them.

I've put together a little luxury list of push presents from jewellery to bags. Tell him to get saving now.

Mulberry Flower Mini leather shoulder bag, £395, Net-a-Porter

Pamper spa day voucher, £100, Red Letter Days

Diamond and Ruby Ring in 9k White Gold, £299, Diamond Manufacturers

Simple patent pump, Christian Louboutin, £485

Delicate Pearl Studs, £165, Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment